• Ein spannendes, aktuelles Interview mit Joshi

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Joshi plant, im kommenden Jahr eine Geschichte des Verlags Arkham House vorzulegen.

Zitat

I myself have nearly finished preparation of a revised version of my own book, now titled Eighty Years of Arkham House, which I hope to release sometime next year through my Sarnath Press imprint. 2019 is, of course, the eightieth year of Arkham House’s existence, although it has been largely quiescent since about 2010. But I have found the relevant information on all publications by Arkham House and its subsidiary imprints subsequent to my Sixty Years, and all that remains is some fine-tuning. So look for this next year!

• Wobei höchst fraglich ist, was Joshi gerade über die letzten Jahre, seit April Derleths Tod 2011 schreiben will, außer, dass August Derleths Enkel seit zwei Jahren versuchen mit angezogener Handbremse den Verlag zu verwalten und vor allem Kooperationen anstatt Publikationen auf den Weg bringen wollen.

War das "60 Years of...." noch ein Buch aus dem Hause AH, wird Joshis "80 Years" anscheinend in seinem eigenen "Verlag" erscheinen. Damit ist gemeint, dass man über dieses Imprint von ihm quasi "books on demand" via Amazon drucken lassen kann. Ich verstehe, das Joshi es über sein Label vertreiben will, dennoch stimmt es mich missmutig, dass sich AH selbst bei so einem selbstreferenziellen Titel nicht in den Ring wirft.

“I couldn’t live a week without a private library – indeed, I’d part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I’d let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.”
    H.P. Lovecraft in einem Brief vom 25. Februar/1. März 1929 an Woodburn Harris

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von derTräumer (30. November 2018 um 12:33)

• Golkonda verpasst leider das Weihnachtsgeschäft und hat kürzlich die VÖ für den zweiten Biographie-Band auf Februar 2019 verschoben. Schade!

Auf Englisch ist gerade Joshis neuester Streich 21st-Century Horror: Weird Fiction at the Turn of the Millennium erschienen.

• Ach, da hatte ich ein Informationsdefizit. Dass es bereits ein "60 Years of..." gibt, wusste ich nämlich gar nicht. Dadurch wird die Freude nun doch arg relativiert.

Bei "60 Years of..." handelt es sich um eine Zusammenstellung von Derleths "30 Years of..." (was seinerseits auf Derleths "20 Years of..." basiert) und einer Fortführung von Joshi um die 60 Jahre voll zu bekommen. Im Endeffekt ist es eine kontextualisierte und um Annekdoten ergänzte Veröffentlichungsliste des Verlags.

“I couldn’t live a week without a private library – indeed, I’d part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I’d let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.”
    H.P. Lovecraft in einem Brief vom 25. Februar/1. März 1929 an Woodburn Harris
  • Neuer Blogpost von Joshi.

http://stjoshi.org/news.html?fbcl…JTm1sNNqo7w7gcA

Ein paar interessante News:

- Erschienen ist Eighty Years of Arkham House

Zitat

This version brings the book up to date by including all publications by Arkham House (and its subsidiary imprints) down to 2012 (no book has appeared since that date). Since it seems unlikely that Arkham House will ever issue another book again, I trust this edition may be regarded as a reasonably definitive bibliography (and index) of the publications of this legendary small press.

- Die Kompilierung des Bandes Providence After Dark mit Inhalten von T.E.D. Klein nähert sich dem Ende

Zitat

T. E. D. Klein’s Providence After Dark (a massive collection of his essays and reviews). I initially assisted Ted Klein in assembling his nonfiction some years ago, but lately he has taken the project in hand and added a number of pieces of which I was unaware. I will not be listed as editor of the book, but I may add a brief introduction providing an overview of the contents.

- Joshi ist weiterhin hart am Wind, was die Briefe Ambrose Bierces betrifft

Zitat

I am working hard on editing Ambrose Bierce’s letters, a project that will extend to three volumes, and which the luckless Derrick Hussey will probably be obliged to publish under the Hippocampus Press imprint—although that may not happen until 2020 or even 2021. There are a number of tough issues that I may not be able to resolve without a trip to various archives in California, and I’m not sure when I will be able to schedule such a trip. But I am committed to this project, on which I have been working off and on (mostly off) for more than two decades.

• Joshi hat offenbar eine Chorversion aus Lovecrafts Gedicht Sunset gemacht.

Zitat

On Saturday, May 11, at the First Free Methodist Church in Seattle, my little composition for a cappella (unaccompanied) choir, “Sunset” (based on the Lovecraft poem), was performed. It was a creditable performance, and my webmaster, Greg Lowney, videotaped it. You will see that our accompanist, Carol Buschmann, plays along with the choir on the piece, to help us out a little. And of course you can see me, with my balding pate, in the centre of the group.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Falls jemand rüberfahren möchte:

Zitat

Mary and I will head to France, to participate in various events surrounding the publication of the French version of my biography, Je Suis Providence, by Éditions ActuSF. I was thrilled to receive two copies of this fine paperback edition; it is selling for a combined price of 55 euros.

Most of my time in France will be spent at a large science fiction convention, Les Imaginales, in the town of Epinal, near the German border. I will participate in some panel discussions and also be interviewed by longtime Lovecraft scholar Gilles Menegaldo. But Mary and I hope to get some touristing done as well, taking in the Musée d’Orsay, the Louvre, and the Catacombs on our few days in Paris.

• Ein neuer Post auf Joshis Blog enthält Unerwartetes.

Zitat

Frank Rossnagel, the translator of the German edition of the book, informs me that his work on Volume 2 is done and that the book will appear “in a few months.”

Band 1 hatte ja Andreas Fliedner übersetzt, eigentlich arbeitete er auch am zweiten Band.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!