[ELDRITCH-DARK] Re: A good weird/horror/sci-fi book to recommend

• Dale Nelson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I'm fond of Tim Powers's Declare, which can remind > one of John le Carre in its treatment of an > espionage theme, but is a supernatural thriller. > I haven't had all that good luck with Powers's > writing elsewhere, but this is something of a > favorite. > Haven't read "Declare," but I found two of Powers' other novels to be very good: "The Stress Of Her Regard" (any book that takes its title from a Clark Ashton Smith poem scores automatic points with me; and the novel attached to it is one of my favorites), and "On Stranger Tides" (the basis for a very loose adaptation of one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies; the book was much better). Powers has a knack for describing impossible-to-describe things. Also recommended: The Ring Trilogy ("Ring," "Spiral," "Loop") and "Dark Water," by Koji Suzuki, the latter a story collection.

Source: http://www.eldritchdark.com/forum/read.php…12458#msg-12458

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!