Re: CAS's opinion of J. R. R. Tolkien?

• Knygatin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sawfish Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Right now I'm reading A. Merritt's The Metal > > Monster. My gut feeling is that he can tell an > > inspired story (like Howard) but that the story > > he's telling me is a script--I already know > who's > > going to die (often) and what the final outcome > > will be, so far as resolution. > > > > I hope you will enjoy the rest of it. But if you > are reading the cut version, it will likely appear > much more pulpy and stilted than the original. I > noted this difference when casually comparing > them, especially in the beginning, which has large > chunks of text and whole sections of background > removed. I don't know which version I have. I am 28% through it. I am coming to the conclusion of the trip taken after Norhala takes Ruth and the others from the mountain valley. It has been difficult for me to get a mental image of the metal components (cube, globe, pyramid) as they rearrange, and the journey itself was as incomprehensible as the "light show" sequence of 2001: A Space Odyssey. That said, it is definitely conveying a completely alien environment that doesn't seem reminiscent of anything else I've read.

Quelle: http://www.eldritchdark.com/forum/read.php…12538#msg-12538

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!